Spaceship Operations include all of the following:
- Airlocks: Yes, space ships need these.
- Atmospheric Operations (and landing): If you are not at least semi streamlined, don't do this.
- Boarding & Docking: You don't have to be docked to board, but jumping for ship to ship seems a bit extreme. Also, unless the other ship wants you to dock to it, it's difficult (-2) do do so. I would think it would be higher than that.
- Costs and Maintenance: Basic costs are your mortgage, life support, which is based on the number of staterooms, and doesn't matter if they are in use or not, fuel, monthly maintenance, and crew salaries. As expected all of these add up to quite a chunk, makes for the PC trying to make the big haul all the time. There are rules for skipping out on your debts, but at any given world, regardless of how far or how long it's been you have a 1:36 chance of getting caught (a natural 12 on the check)
- Encounters: There is a d66 chart, with mods for the leading digit, making it go from 01 to 96 for something that you encounter between the jump point and the port. several of them are not avoidable (attack by pirates, solar flares, that sort of thing)
- Fuel: Jump eats this. 10% of the mass of the ship per jump number used. If you have a J2 ship and jump 1 parsec, you only use 10%, not the full 20% you are carrying.
- Jump Travel: Jump is broke into several steps, each of which feeds to the next check.
- Astrogation check
- Divert Power
- Jump check.
- Life Support: This covers radiation and running out of air, mainly.
- Passage: Standard High, Middle/Working and Low. And random d66 passenger list is included.
- Repairs: covers the 3 types of damage (Hull, Structure and Systems) and where they can be fixed and how much.
- Security: This set of rules is very obviously post 9/11, and are bit hard to read today.
- Travel Times: MgT doesn't include the famous travel time formula, but does have a spiffy chart of distance travelled vs thrust rating of the ship, ranging from 1000 km at 1 G (633 seconds) to 1,000,000,000 km at 6 G (2.9 days)
There isn't that much different from Classic Traveller Book 2 in this section, and nothing really all that surprising
Next up is Space Combat and I've got a bunch to say there.